Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Good Therapy

As usual I find myself way behind the trend line and starting this, my first blog, many years after it became popular to do so. But hey I'm cool with that, no one is likely to be reading this and I'm happy to throw my thoughts out to the general indifference of the world. Well, maybe not happy but meh. I like to write, and since discussion forums are not a forgiving place to hash unformed ideas out, a blog might be a better place to tetris my ideas together. If someone happens to read it, better still. If not, cool too. I'm going to think of this as a personal diary.

I start seeing a psychologist this Tuesday and I've heard that diary writing can be therapeutic, at least so I'm told be all the other crazy people I've spoken to who have been shrinked at some point in their lives. I don't really know what to expect. I have general images or impressions from having watched far too many movies about what therapy actually is that I'm having trouble separating bad cliches from the reality of it. Such is the malaise of an inhabitant of the first mass media generation. Life imitating art imitating life and all that stuff.

Well short intros are the best. Time to go.

No comments: